Friday, November 6, 2009


Other than the fact that the doors opened an hour and a half late, there really wasn't a bad thing about this show. The first band, The Selmanaires' set was really great. I thought their sound was pretty great; it's sort of a Deerhunter/Animal Collective/Post Rock mix which was pretty fun to see live.

Atlas Sound, the show's headliner went on second (I assume he did this because of how late the show started and that there might have been people who needed to get going pretty soon). His set was really great! I have a hard time deciding what the highlight was: either the song "Attic Lights" or when Bradford invited a heckler on stage for some serious public reaming. To see a video of said reaming, here's a link to a video recorded by Shawn of ElectricMustache.com:

Bradford Cox Destroys A Heckler At The End Of Altas Sound Show in Phoenix

I guess you could call Broadcast the closing band, but that seems to carry a negative connotation and I don't mean it to because the part of their set that I saw was pretty incredible (it was getting late and I had to get going). Their light show really made it an performance. It was a series of black and white images that would warp and distort as they effected their music. It was pretty intense.

All and all it was a very fun, but late night.

No comments:

Post a Comment